Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MUDVAYNE



My favorite band and one of my favorite songs. Fished the Weber yesterday. Weather was perfect, a little chilly but didn't freeze the guides of my rod. There was another car where I wanted to fish so I went down river a good ways. It turned out he went way up river. Caught a nice brown on zebra midge, followed by a few average whities. Still very low water. As I moved upriver I switched to a golden stone #8 with a zebra below. First cast got a small brown. Moved to another area and it was tough, hard current and couldn't keep the fly where I wanted. I moved below the hole, changed up the rig and spanked the whities. I got them on the zebra in black and the rootbeer neon gnat. All were pigs out of this hole. As I left I met the guy in the other car as he left. Seems he fished on top with midges and while I saw plenty of midges on top, didn't see anything rising. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment