Monday, February 8, 2010

This is a sexy fly I got out of Frontier Anglers catalog called Allison's Neon Gnat. This is a tiny bastard about size #20. I tie it in olive and a rootbeer color. Last year on the Weber we hit the whities with this one and the 'bows with the olive. Haven't fished the rootbeer ones yet.
Cheesman Emerger. It looks a little too buggy right now but I will trim off some of the extra stuff coming off the thorax. I tie these in the #20=#22 range with black or olive body.

Haven't fished these but just finished a half dozen today. The Psycho Prince tied on #16 or #18. Plan on using these soon as maybe a golden stone, yellow sally imitation.



Purple Psycho Prince. Haven't used this one yet.



This is where the magic happens. The day was too pretty to go out and fish...I stayed home instead and tied up the patterns above and a few more. Still need to fill up some more boxes. After more tying today I need to get to the fly shop and get material for some articulated stuff. Those Sage rods in the corner look pretty sweet, huh. The arsenal includes an SLT 9' 5wt 5pc, Z-Axis 8' 6" 5wt 4pc, and a TCR 9' 8wt that will hopefully get some use in March in Idaho. I recently sold a rod that in my opinion, can't be bear for the money, the St. Croix Legend Ultra 5wt. I traded my 6wt to an ebay store in Idaho for the Fishpond Shooting Star and will soon replace the 6wt to throw those articulated patterns. I love my Z but may trade sell it for an equal valued 6wt without the fighting butt. No work tomorrow so if'n I get more bugs tied up then I will hit the Weber.




No comments:

Post a Comment