Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A few paintings...
















I have always wanted to paint in oil. I was ok at drawing back in the junior high days, but never did anything serious and never took a class. A couple months ago I decided to do it. I went out and bought some Winsor and Newton water soluble oil paints (that way I wouldn't need the chemical cleaners) and painted my first pic in about 15 minutes. I had Bob Ross on the dvr for reference. I have read that learning the Ross way produces paintings that look like Ross paintings. I really don't want to take a class as I don't want to learn how to paint a vase of flowers next to a pear. This would be the first time EVER picking up a paint brush (yeah...I know what yer' thinkin'..."I can tell it's yer first time!") Its all trial by error...many paintings looked like a mud pie when half way through. So I take a rag, cuz' I'm cheap and don't wanna waste a canvas and rub it off, then start over. I don't think they look too bad. I would appreciate any tips, tricks, or criticism...even if you think it looks like shit...though I may say, "f-o" is response. Still learning how to mix paints...whod'a thunk yellow and black make green?!? Still learning brush stroke techniques. I am really only wanting to paint anything fly fishing or Montana related. Here are a few...all are for sale for cheap. I figure one of these days I'll get an eye patch, where pantyhose over underwear, hang out with a drunk trannie, and be a little eclectic and maybe, just maybe, I'd be famous!

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you, for one, I am very impressed with Phil's paintings. I knew he had a talent for art, but his paintings are fantastic

    ReplyDelete